Tuesday, August 19, 2008

EIGHT slugs

The spiders have started doing this thing where they dangle down from the trees above the sidewalks, RIGHT where you will walk straight into them.

Today I got to register for classes, and I am so excited for this year. The only class I was going to sign up for that I wasn't toooooo psyched about was the history of the USSR. Lady luck was on my side, though, and when I was registering, I got an error message telling me that the course registration number for that wasn't valid. I checked, and the course was removed for this year! Luck was still with me when I looked for another history course to take its place, and the one that I really wanted, World War I, which had been in a time block that conflicted with another course, was moved to exactly the time I needed!! Score.

So, I'm taking World War I, Modern British Fiction, History of Art, Botanicals: Drawing and Painting, and Etching. Suhweet! Aaaand, I have no class earlier than 3:45, and no classes on Friday!

Of course, this is all only semi-permanent until I have a meeting with Dr. Austen, the psych advisor, to make certain all my credits are in order.

I was sitting on a bench yesterday and I saw EIGHT slugs within a square foot of each other. They are surprisingly fast.

So, yeah, now I'm hunting for a job for during the school year.