Thursday, April 02, 2009

so much to say, but I don't want to bore you, part I

I have so much to blog about. So I'll be doing that while my nails dry, instead of putting my clean sheets back on my bed (proud, Julie?). I've just done a French manicure, and it looks lovely.

Soo, to start things off, I made my first bread a couple of weeks ago. It was perilous, as it poked itself (I certainly wasn't the one who bumped it) against the rack in the oven, making it de-poof. But, all in all, it still turned out pretty good. My thanks to Wayne for the bread-making lesson, and for letting me use a recipe that is apparently his own creation. Despite a certain lack of circularity, it was delicious.

About two weeks ago, we had a really warm day, things began to thaw out, and the very day after I thought to myself, "I can see our sidewalk through the ice!" a snowstorm hit. Then last Sunday, the weather was beautiful and fine. And on Monday, we got like 25 cm, again. I took a photo of our lovely house the day after, for those of you who haven't seen this noble palace. But the snow really was lovely.

I just have to say, a million thanks to Ben and Julie for getting me a pair of boots the Christmas of my first year. I've worn them almost every day the last two winters, and I don't know what I would have done without them, this year especially. They work really well, are holding up great, and aren't even salt-stained. I think they're from Target.

Well, I have more to say, but my nails are dry, and it's three in the morning. I've been going to bed at five lately, and I need to curb that. Last day of classes is this coming Wednesday! Feeling so nostalgic.