Friday, June 13, 2008

Asparagus sandwich

I had my first taste of an asparagus sandwich the other day, and it was delicious! Are these commonly made? It was just asparagus and mayonnaise on regular bread, and I was EXTREMELY extremely doubtful that anything that began with, "So I took a bite of the asparagus sandwich" could end well. But lo and behold, ye doubters, as soon as I was done I was making a second in half an hour. And that wasn't even quality asparagus, it was just mushy canned asparagus (don't judge me; I'm poor, and it was already sitting around the house). So I can only imagine how good it will be with nice asparagus and pepper and other trimmings. Though I don't know if I even want to add other stuff, 'cause it was so good by itself.
Weird. For some reason every photo I upload absolutely REFUSES to orient the way I want it. They're all going sideways! I wonder if I have it rotated the wrong way to begin with, if it will come out right... It didn't! What the hell. Weird.

The wind is gusting soo strongly today. It was rattling my window in its frame so constantly and loudly that it made it verydifficult to sleep in. Don't worry, though. I persevered.