Saturday, June 28, 2008

Happy Canada Day (yesterday)

Admission of guilt: I like those cute animal photos. The ones with tiny kittens sitting in teacups, or Great Danes licking the head of a kitten with a tongue three times the size of the kitten's body. It's...pretty embarrassing.

Okay, I had no idea (at least didn't remember) that Anne, and now Jaime, are Battlestar Galactica fans. I was going to write a post on it and feel really embarrassed for coming out and saying I'm a fan, but now I can do it with (relative) pride! I love Battlestar Galactica! Gaius Baltar is awesome. Awkward situations with attractive robots who only exist in your head are awesome!

I hate sitting around with my muscles twitching. But I love Adobe Photoshop.

What I love even more is the Sixthreezero Scholar. I have finally found exactly the bike that I want. And it's only $175. First paycheck, after I pay off all my bills and buy some milk and fresh fruit, I am buying this baby.

Canada Day, I have to say, was muuuch better than the Fourth of July. Maybe it's just 'cause I'm in such a small town, though. It was just a bunch of barbecues, then sitting on the soccer field with the rest of the town for fifteen minutes watching the fireworks after listening to some live music on a stage in the middle of the field beforehand. It was all so low-key and relaxed.



Okay, I realize there are two of basically the same picture here. But I couldn't decide between the deer in the headlights look or the smile, and decided why not just do both, since Nick's a bit of a mystery to you guys anyways. I know these look odd, but it's because they were so dark that I had to lighten them a ton in photoshop, and I'm not good enough to make the coloring look normal.