Wednesday, February 25, 2009

That pinched

For those who don't see me very often, don't creep people on Facebook, and don't look through people's flickr updates, this is the blog post where I tell you that I got my nose pierced!

I asked Ben and Anne about it, and got a strong "no" from Ben (surprised, anyone?), and an "ugh" from Anne Marie. And was also informed that nose rings had had their time, and I missed it. However, I've been thinking about getting a piercing of some variety for years. About....six years. So, to be honest, I think I've considered it long enough.

Ben told me that this is just some phase I'm going through. Of course it is. I'm not going to have this forever, I'm just enjoying it right now.

I went to Piercology on 2nd Ave to get it done. Their store is lovely; the girl at the counter was really helpful and didn't make me feel like an idiot for asking all hte basic questions I had, and being so un-pierced. The guy who pierced me (David) was really great about explaining everything that was happening, letting me have fun without rushing me through it, and was also really gentle and swift.

Kenny went with me, which was awesome. I attempted to convince him to get a piercing with me, but alas, to no avail. I think he could rock an eyebrow piercing. Or the tongue! He could really carry off hte tongue well. Aaanyways. We went together, and he took pictures with his camera phone (which has this weird feature where it takes a picture when it sees you smile), and held my hand during it. I was really happy that he took a picture of me in the middle of hte piercing, when I had teh needle dangling out of my nose, but unfortunately the flash washed me out so much that you can't really see it.

I'm glad that I watched videos of lots of piercings before I went, 'cause if I hadn't, then I would have freaked out when I saw the needle about to skewer my nose. God bless mental preparation.

So, yeah, I really like the look of it. Now that a few days have passed, I've rotated the ring so the ball's on hte inside, which I like much more. So, here it is. After about three months or so, I expect I'll switch to a different ring. I am not going to look forward to seeing Grandma and Grandpa Callahan with this thing in.