Monday, August 05, 2013

Three Weeks Old

We've made it to three weeks without killing Amelia.  Given my track record with plants, I deserve a gold star.  Or maybe Ernesto does.  

Amelia is a natural at tummy time. Her very first time, she not only tolerated it but enjoyed it for ten minutes. She's normally a free range baby, just sitting around in a diaper (who needs clothes?), but we also give her some naked butt time every once in a while. 




Watching Amelia watch the world is like looking at someone tripping on acid.  Her eyes get so buggy and freaked-out looking.  She just can't believe what she's seeing.  "What are these shadows??!"

My least favorite thing to hear someone say to me when Amelia is crying is, "What happened?" What do you mean what happened?  We were sitting here, and then she started crying.  That's what happened.

We went to a Natural Family Planning picnic, which was entertaining because there were many more children than adults.
Natural Family Planning picnic

This Sunday, Ernesto, Miladys, and I enjoyed a lovely Sunday afternoon at a local winery. I have no taste in wine, so I can neither be horrified nor appreciate what they're serving. I suspect that rather than missing out, my lack of taste is an advantage. Ernesto and I visited this winery last summer, when we were engaged.  The location is really nice.  They serve lunch for a few hours, so you can sit outside eating, and then wander around among the vineyard afterwards. It was amusing to me to return the next year, not only married but with a little daughter.




Amelia's got the chest nap down.  Ernesto uses little feet anchors.