Thursday, August 01, 2013

Visitors

Anne Marie and Grandma Callahan came for a visit, which was awesome.  They arrived the Tuesday before last and stayed until Saturday.  We were very much a posse of ladies out and about on the town.  We went for walks, got our hair cut, and got pedicures together.  Grandma was a hoot at the nail salon, and also a big hit with all the staff, who called her 'Grandma' and wanted her advice on how to live a long and healthy life. 

Peeps!  I have my webcam back on my computer, and have allowed Skype to start itself again, so I am probably pretty available for calling.  My only caution is that I breastfeed around the house, so if there's no one in camera view when I

answer, I'm probably hiding just out of sight. 

In the cute dress that Auntie Anne Marie brought
Also, Amelia had her first submersed bath, which was such a big hit that she fell asleep in the water.  She loves everything about it except getting out, which is when she starts screaming at the top of her tiny lungs.
Chilling in her nice, warm bath
Walking along Grandview Ave, overlooking the Illinois River
Out on the town!
First bath with Dad.  This is going to be a good daddy-daughter task.
After Anne Marie and Grandma left, Miladys arrived that evening.  She's a little bit like Anne Niblock, in that she's always busy cooking or cleaning, and doesn't know how to sit down and do nothing.  Thus, our house at the moment is cleaner than when we first moved in.

With her very loving Abuelita.

Very tired, and with a cold that I'll probably give to Amelia.