Sunday, February 17, 2008

My education is pretty delayed

Have you guiys seen these tootsie roll style Werther;s Originals? Weird. My Brain and Behavior professor, Dr. Henke, describes pretty much every structure of the brain as looking like a tootsie roll. Doesn't matter what the structure is, or what view we have of it, it still apparently looks like a tootsie roll. I almost agreed with him once, and could have compromised and called it a Ho Ho.

So, Brad assigned me to listen to The Clash to further my musical education, and for what turns out to be a very good reason. A lot of The Clash I didn't know that I knew, the most major example of that being Should I Stay Or Should I Go. I mean there was stuff that I did know was The Clash: London Calling, Rock the Casbah, ...I Fought The Law and Brand New Cadillac were also a surprise.

Why does everyone and their mother seem to think that The Clash did Come On Eileen? Seriously, google "The Clash" and come on eileen, and you'll see it.

Anyways, I like The Clash. Who doesn't. I don't feel very compelled to sit around listening to them, though, other than Rock the Casbah. And about halfway through London Calling I get sick of it. What I did have explained by reading up on The Clash is that they played a ton of different styles, which I guess accounts for their incredibly different sounding songs.

And that, my friends, is what I thought after listening to The Clash.