Tuesday, September 30, 2008

nothing much in this post

I kind of doubt that anyone in my family reads Cyanide and Happiness, a web comic. It's a love it or hate it brand of humor. All of it is in very bad taste, and generally makes you cringe while you laugh, and hope that no one around can see you laughing at it.

Offensive example:
And I'd kind of wonder if they would ever try and actually be just funny, without being crude and/or offensive. Lo and behold, today's comic was neither offensive nor crude. I wonder if they're worried by that.


I had more interesting things to say...oh, art posts will be starting again soon. Anne said she might visit!!!! Though that doesn't mean that any guilt resulting from not visiting can be removed so that you don't feel bad enough to come to my graduation. Of course. :)

Knitting is going really well. I've successfully cabled for hte first time, and now that I own cable needles I feel like a real knitter. The next stop to becoming a Real Knitter will be learning fair isle. Though I will probably cheat somehow at first, of course.

Cable: Fair Isle:







Though I will never, ever do large scalle fair isle projects. So don't get hopes up about huge, cool Fair isle sweaters. :-P Anyway, the cables I did are much cooler than those regular cablse. Mine are like, postmodern cables.

Since this is the Christmas knitting season, there will be no photos of any of my projects. I love sharing what I'm working on, though, so showing my roommate Sarah and publishing photos on the knitting community Ravelry will have to suffice until after everything's been given. I have some pretty great patterns picked out.