Wednesday, September 24, 2008

X-Ring Invitation

It's a very strange thing, but already I'm a 4th year, and the X-Ring Ceremony will be December 3.

To some people this is the most important event at university. People's families come up for it, all the hotels and restaurants are probably already booked solid. Since everyone spends the next week posing for pictures with their hands up, most girls get manicures. ...a manicure could be fun. I like manicures. But they're awkward. Sitting across from someone you don't know who's holding your hand. Kind of weird. I might do it anyway.
Anyway, in case anyone feels like making a trip up to Nova Scotia on December 3, I have extra bedrooms. There will be a lot of partying to be done. You could participate. Or bring a friend/spouse/sibling to keep you company. And Nova Scotia isn't that cold in early December.
I'm all excited 'cause I just picked up my X-Ring eligibility form. So tomorrow I'll be off to the jeweler's to make a deposit and get sized! Some people grow up waiting for X-Ring, so there are those who are really. really. excited about this. Obviously, I'm not one of those, but it'll still be cool.
I don't think anyone will actually be able to come, but I thought I'd just let everyone know in case. So, it's an open invitation!
And here's an example of the X-Ring blingage that occurs for a solid month after X-Ring. This is Gregg with a lot of girls I don't know.

Argh, for some reasons the paragraph spaces won't stay when I publish. I have to go to class, so I'm not going to fix it!