Monday, April 28, 2008

other than Ricki Lake naked, it was great

Well, Bloggers and Blogettes, I'm in Maine. Did I already write about this? I was going to go to Ohio in anticipation of Sophie's arrival, but I had to keep holding off on buying the tickets, because I couldn't tell exactly what day I was going to be able to leave. When I finally knew, though, the tickets had quadrupled in price, and it just wasn't realistic anymore to make it out. Fear not! I'll make it out eventually. In early June, I hope. I'm trying to get a job, though, so it sort of depends on that as well.

You know what I've always thought was hilarious? I will tell you. The signs on automatic doors that say CAUTION AUTOMATIC DOOR. First, who needs the warning. Especially when they're sliding doors. Though that could actually be pretty funny. Leaning against the wall, minding your own business, and then "AaAAUAGHH!" Second, what is with the way they're written? I really read it as "automatic caution door." This door automatically cautions me. cool. And then have to scramble it around to Caution, automatic door. Does having hte words in different colors really justify putting the words in that order? Why? Why?!! Whew. I need to calm down a little bit.

I keep my feet warm on my computer's power bar. Sad.

I watched The Business of Being Born last night, which, based on their Netflix review, Ben and Jaime have seen. I liked it. Other than the obvious bias, and Ricki Lake, and Ricki Lake naked, I thought it was great.