Sunday, May 13, 2007

The latest with me

Considering that my typical blog fare is about the boring things that I do from day to day, I tend to not mention celebrity names much, with the exception of movie reviews. However, in my last entry I mentioned the names of three celebrities, and first-time visitor hits on my blog just blossomed. Burgeoned. Significantly increased. And for some odd reason that annoyed me.

Annoyances aside, I did get a kickass jacket last weekend. Zipped, unzipped. Yes, I am now that person who takes pictures of herself standing in front of a mirror. How myspace-y. To go with this jacket, I just need to get a tattoo and a motorcycle. I actually want the motorcycle.I have spent the last three or four days solid tiling. Skills learned: wet saw use for straight and free-hand angle cuts...thin-set mixing...tool cleaning...yeah, so, not much in the way of skills learned. It did, though, take a surprisingly long time. And I have basically been covered from head to toe in fine tile chips for the last three days. Excellent exfoliant. What you can't see in this photo is a spot on the right where three of the long, decorative tiles are missing. Dad didn't order enough. So there will be a lovely bare spot until we order tile for the other countertops. I'll be doing the grout tonight.There was a week of unlimited trash disposal at the dump for spring cleaning, so early Saturday morning, Dad got me up and we went around the front yard, picking up all the horrible trash scarring the landscape, left over from the demolition of the house that Dad actually bought on this property. The notable thing that was thrown out was Dad's old saw. I guess Pater (my grandfather) gave this to Dad when he was 20 or 21 and building his first house, and then it was used, from the fifties or something. At the time he was making every cut on the house with a circular saw. So, Dad was very sorry to see it go. I told him that he should try and sell an antique like that on ebay, where it would find a happy home with someone who cares about old tools. We took it to the dump in the first load, and by the time we came back with the second load, though, it had already been trash-picked. Dad was very happy.
In other news, I'm leaving for Columbus tomorrow before heading out to LA. You can expect lots of picture-heavy posts during my trip.

I meant to load all these pictures as right-aligned...too lazy to to do it all over again. :-P