Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Overdue

Well, I certainly have been a lazy blogger. I've been reading lots of Anne McCaffrey novels and shirking my blogging responsibilities in between working on the house.

I saw Spider-Man 3...twice. I went to see it with Tim and friends over the weekend in New Brunswick, but Dad hadn't seen it yet. And I knew that if I told him I'd already seen it, he wouldn't go, but I thought he'd really enjoy it. So I just said, "Yeah, I'd love to go see it!" when he mentioned it. He liked it, and I thought it was okay. I think that it was easier for me to like it than for people who are big fans of Spider-Man. I didn't sit through the movie knowing what they'd changed. It's like watching the Harry Potter movies for me, I bet. The movie by itself is okay, but people who know the books spend the entire time knowing all the things they leave out and don't explain, and how much crazier it could be. That's how it is with any thing like this, I suppose, so I was happy that I didn't know what they changed, and so just enjoyed (or didn't, as the case may be) what was there.

My favorite part was when SandMan was trying to collect himself for the first time, after he'd just become...sand.... I thought that scene was actually really nicely done. I've heard a lot of criticism of SandMan's character, but I don't know why. Because he was sad?

I felt like what the movie said about relationships using Peter and MJ was much more mature than what the other movies tried to get at, and I actually really liked that. Though I heard a lot of people say that they wished MJ would get out of the movies, and stop messing up Spider-Man. Sillies.

Topher Grace? Distracting. All I could think of was That 70s Show when he was on screen.

Anyways, I would recommend this movie for a rental. Unless you're a Spider-Man fan, of course.

So, Ottawa moves on to the next series. Emery's been very surprising. Almost as surprisingly good as Brodeur was surprisingly bad. No, Brodeur wasn't bad, he just wasn't as good as he normally is. And New Jersey may have had the "EGG-line," but Alfredsson, Heatley, and Spezza seem much more...likeable? Silly, but true for me. They work so well together.

Anne's graduation is rapidly approaching, and the trip will by far be the highlight of my summer. One month of traveling, visiting Brad, having epic driving fun, including stop-offs to see interesting SouthWestern-y things, going to a baseball game, and at some point I must see a movie, being together with everyone in Santa Fe for Anne's actual graduation, plus my birthday present massage (aaahhh!!!!) , and seeing everyone in Ohio, plus Grandma and Grandpa Callahan's 60th wedding anniversary. So, this is going to be one epic trip.