Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Since everyone's talking about American Idol...

I caught one American Idol show, and it was the American Idol Gives Back thing. I thought Annie Lennox was going to somehow be involved (didn't realize that was the next night), and since I don't know anything about her, but Jaime loves her, I thought I should watch, so that next time Jaime posts about her, I can nod my head wisely. So many commas. Too many. Bad sentence. These aren't even sentences at all now.

Anyways.

In this show that I watched, there were some that I liked, and some that I didn't like so much. But the one person who I could not beLIEVE: Jordin. Alllllmost constantly she was flat. I spent the song wanting to just push her up a little bit onto the correct note. And her big, long, diva last note, was flat, flat, flat, until she widened her sound a little bit, and the note finally fell into place. I was horrified, but not nearly as horrified as when not. one. of the judges mentioned it. This wasn't just one note that was flat! And this person has made it this far in American Idol?

Ben I's right; you shouldn't judge a person based on one song, but when he mentioned that she had some problems in this week's show, I had to share. It was really irking me.

And I think that this will be my one and only American Idol post. The Ottawa Senators won their game tonight against the New Jersey Devils, nice job. Now they're up 3-1 in the series. I keep tabs on the games online, since Dad and Sandra go to bed so early that I can't watch them (their room made of celotex is right next to the tv).