Thursday, May 10, 2007

A Lazy Afternoon Post

The title of my blog is just about the most unoriginal thing ever. Every other person's blog is "adventures of this person," adventures of that person." However, I feel justified by my use of it (who doesn't feel that they're the exception?) since I actually had little "independent adventures" assigned to me. And this really was supposed to be about those independent adventures. And to some extent, all the rambling I do aside, it is.

And speaking of my latest independent adventure, (perhaps my proudest) here is PROOF of my amazing feat of going in and switching over my expired Ohio license to a Maine one!: Aren't you guys proud of my paranoia? That I blocked out all that personal information? That's a very un-me thing to do.

Dad and I watched Field of Dreams last night. I forgot how much I liked that movie. It's really positive and all about being constructive, and it was nice watching a movie that was so simple like that. No intrigue, no backstabbing, no evil, and yet it wasn't a romantic comedy.

I don't want to jinx anything, but the weather the last week or so has just been amazing! Seventies and sunny. The week before that, I had slippers and long johns on and was walking around in a blanket holding cappuccinos to warm me, so this is a pretty drastic swing. My favorite thing, though: The bugs have started making noises at night. I sat last night, in front of hte computer (of course), just listening to them, and it was beautiful. Hearing the bugs really makes me feel like it's finally summer.

Time to make a cappuccino...a little cappu...and back! It's more like a latte, really, 'cause I like so much milk. It's amazing that anyone actually reads these blog entries that I write. They're almost a stream of consciousness...almost. :-P

I love this picture that Julie took last Thanksgiving. We were at the BeVier's camp in Maine, and this is while everyone was playing softball/baseball. Julie was acting as photographer.
I think that Jack Johnson sounds better when his CD is skipping.