Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Boringness

After watching Planet Earth's Ice Worlds, Dad was trying to find the last pickle at the bottom of his jar, and said with a smile:
"I feel like a polar bear hunting a pickle!"

There are a lot of really fun electric cars out there. They're inevitably all tiny and cute, and now I'm going to have to watch that film, Who Killed the Electric Car?

Meanwhile, I believe that I've found my dream scooter. I have looked at so many scooters in the last three days. And then, there it was. That old-school, Vespa look, electric, decent price range ($2,500ish?), nice color options, 45 mile range on one charge.

I've been cleaning out my room, and this may sound like a mild thing, but believe me, this is in fact MASSIVE. There were about 10 boxes full of stuff in my room. I think, because my room is in a general sort of messy condition, it can inadvertently become a dumping ground for the whole house. For instance. For the last, ohhh, fifteen years, a pair of Sam's sandals have been in my closet. They followed me from the farm, and ended up haunting my closet in Maine. But since I don't have a closet in operating condition, here, I finally chucked them. Back in Ohio, I had Jennie's white slippers that she wore at her wedding until we moved. All of the little kid gear (old cowboy boots, backpacks from daycare) and sentimental things that no one wants to get rid of, but no one wants in their room, either. I found the file for the farm's intercom system sitting on my floor, a flash for an oldschool camera, with a remote button thingie, and I only knew it was a remote button thingie when I carried it over to Dad and asked what on earth it was, Emma Hooper's Spanish Society certificate, three of Dad's shirts, two three-inch thick pieces of aluminum, three rolls of Christmas wrapping paper and two rolls of ribbon. A wooden crate full of Sam's empty CD cases. Anne's Erzulie makeup bag. A laundry basket filled with sheet music for organ, piano, and violin.

This list could go on for soooo long. So! For the first time ever, I went through everything, made an enormous mess, and sorted what would go and what would be kept. My room is beginning to resemble normalness, and getting rid of all the clutter that has been filling every corner and free space for the last...years....is really liberating. So, be warned, all ye who would enter my room. I have a hand now practiced at throwing things away.

Well, this has been enough boringness for one post.