Monday, June 25, 2007

Sitting in the dark

"It's not the smoking, Steve, it's the crapness."
-Fever Pitch (as to why Colin Firth's friend will never play Division 1 soccer)

I have, basically, scooter fever. This is absurd. I'm considering getting a motorcycle license so that I can get one more than 50cc. I can't even ride a 50cc one in Nova Scotia without a motorcycle license. Which is ridiculous. Can't even break the speed limit with that. Undoubtedly, this is a temporary insanity that will pass with a week or so, but for now I've been looking at different scooters non-stop the last two days.

I just saw Fever Pitch, the earlier one (1997) with Colin Firth and Girl with a Tiny, Tiny Mouth. GTTM was very very good at looking pissy; so good, that even when she was supposed to have softened up she still looked pissy. Sorry, GTTM. I saw the 2005 version with Jimmy Fallon and Drew Barrymore first, but I'm impressed with how well the football (Arsenal) fandom interfering with life scenario was translated over to Red Sox fandom. They stayed quite close with the 2005 version. What they did change was the bleak, depressing, realism that Nick Hornby's books have. The Jimmy Fallon Drew Barrymore one was much more bubble gum-y, with a cheesy bubblegum ending, while I don't think that normally Nick Hornby would have stood for such a thing. He didn't write hte screenplay for the 2005 one, but did for the 1997 one, and Colin Firth did a nice job of being properly...I don't know what the word is. Out of touch, maybe? Anyways, I liked it. Maybe that's just 'cause it's Colin Firth, though.

So, VeggieTales is making a new movie. The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything. Is anyone else surprised by this? I thought that went bankrupt after...that one movie...flopped. I didn't notice anything Biblical about it, and the news article I just read said, Blah blah blah, "life lessons to a wider audience." Does that mean they're abandoning their Bibleness and going with basic morality? Kind of sad.

Perhaps instead of going dairy free for a while, I should go pop-free for a while. Is this even possible?

And I can't believe that people weren't interested in giving name ideas for Dad's potential blog address. This is an opportunity for some good fun that you're allll missing out on.