Monday, June 04, 2007

Aah, nostalgia

While taking a break from painting the attic at Ben and Julie's house, and eating my reheated Beef LoMein, I thought I'd post. I'm in Ohio, and a lot has happened. When I'm not at a computer that requires me to stand up to use it (Ben) I'll provide a full update.

For now, though, let me just talk about who I saw the other day. This will probably only make a real impact for Anne and Ben K, and I already told Ben K, so, ...Anne! While walking back from the front of the high school, there was a little cluster of kids sitting on the ground listening to someone talking. I coul deasliy hear that this one adult was more like shouting, or barking, at the little kids. I wondered who would talk to a group of such little kids so meanly, so peeked over (I stare blatantly) as I walked by.

The woman who was seated in front of these kids had faded red hair, sticking up in crazy bunches, and wore black and white striped knee-high socks, pulled all the way up. It was Candace!!

For those who don't know, Candace directed (directed?) children's plays every summer for the Bexley Recreation Department or something. One time, Anne played my Mom in the Pied Piper of Hamelin; I was one of the kids the piper took to his cave. Another time, I was an evil stepsister in Cinderella. I was also Abu in Aladdin. And...I think we did The Worst Christmas Pageant Ever, and I was one of the boys from the family of bad kids. Candace was just this hurricane, this constant storm of yelling. Famously, I remember Candace throwing her shoe...don't remember who it was directed at, though.

Anyways, I'm just amazed that, at least fifteen years later, I should see her again, acting exactly the same way, doing the same thing, and looking only slightly more faded.

Wow, I've found her online. I hope she doesn't google herself. Anyways, here's a picture of her that doesn't do her justice at all:
My friend, Wayne, plays a lot of World of Warcraft, and he talks about it a bit. But I've never heard him say anything as funny as what he just said:
wayne hearts pie (11:44:23 pm): I'm standing around in WoW impressing people with my new dragon, I'm pretty damn cool.