Sunday, June 24, 2007

Little things

I can't stand people who don't keep a consistent speed while driving. You pass them, 'cause they're going so slowly, then, since your cruise control has been on this entire time and you know you're going the same speed, they zoom by you, then inexplicably slow down, so that you have to break to not hit them, then pass them again...and so on and so forth. Is this a sick game that I don't know about? It happens infrequently, but drives me up the wall so much each time that it deserves mention.

Saw Evan Almighty last night, and it was good for a laugh. Morgan Freeman and Steve Carell worked really well together, and Steve Carell made the movie. I'd say rent it. Thank goodness both Jim Carrey and Jennifer Aniston declined returning to these roles when they were offered. I actually enjoyed the previews as much as (or more than) the movie itself. Why is John Travolta playing a woman in the new movie they're making of Hairspray?? Is there something I don't know about the plot that requires this, 'cause there didn't seem to be. I'm totally going to go see that, though.
I'm considering going dairy-free for a short while. Four months? Just as a fun thing to try, not only to see if I can do it, but what it's like. What do you think, should I do it? Hmm...maybe just for a month at first. I doubt that I could hold out against cheese and ice cream for much longer than that.

I've commandeered Dad's Netflix queue to a decent extent, and some of my movies have just started arriving. For now, my movies are clogging the queue, and I'm constantly bumping Dad's down to the bottom. (Ben K, you're the only one who can see Dad's netflix queue, right? Don't judge me for my Buffy the Vampire Slayer love. ) Oooh, I really like that Netflix also gives the average rating of people who rate movies similarly, not just the average rating. That's handy.

I really really went to go to Ohio, especially during the Harry Potter movie release, but plane tickets are so expensive that that's starting to look extremely improbable right now. Ohhhh well. :(