Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Golden Compass spoilerness

So, the Golden Compass. I finally went and saw it. The best part of the movie was all the awesome knitted clothing, which I think everyone and their mother was staring at. I plan to make a Lyra hat. Have to find hte thickest wool known to man and then knit with three strands of it held together to get that thickness.

I almost feel like not even bothering to write about hte movie itself. I was so disappointed. I went in with really low expectations and left with those low expectations disappointed. I thought everything was way oversimplified, both the plot and the relationships between the characters. Not to mention the way they chronologically tweaked everything around made it pretty illogical/silly the way things played out.

Ben K would tell you that the book was just as overly simplistic and unoriginal in its ideas, but don't listen to him. He doesn't know what he's talking about.

I guess this doesn't actually spoil anything plotwise other than that the movie sucked. But that's probably not a huge surprise to anyone.


Well, I'll publish this despite not having actually said anything.

Time to board the plane! (I'm in the airport.)