Saturday, December 02, 2006

Freakout!!!

Okay, I'm going insane. During my nutty reading phase, where I think almost everyone will agree that I was reading a *bit* too much, I came across what are now my favorite books. Philip Pullman created an awesome world of parallel universes, creative creatures (a rare thing in fantasy these days), and a truly gripping story. There's a lot about the church in it. It's sort of like, if the DaVinci Code weren't full of itself trying to seem legitimate and call Clue-y, and was good, and about kids, it would be like the Golden Compass. Oh yeah, the DaVinci Code would also have to have lovable characters. Anyways.

Here's the freakout.

They're making a movie out of it!!!!!! AHH!!!!!! I've read these books soooo many times. Odd thing: Daniel Craig (Bond) is Lord Asriel and Eva Green (Daniel Craig's Bond girl) is the witch Serafina Pekkala. Odd that Bond costars are both in this. I think Eva Green will be an awesome Serafina. Anyways, I just can't believe this. I hope that they do an awesome job with it, and I cannot WAIT to see it. It comes out sometime in 2007, and is in filming right now. I have to say, Daniel Craig couldn't have picked a more perfect roll to follow-up his premier as Bond than the dangerous and powerful Lord Asriel. YES!!!!

Seriously, I nearly had a heartattack of excitement when I saw this. Happiness....euphoria...ugh, I'm tired, let's go to bed.