Saturday, December 09, 2006

Man of the Year

So, the movie Man of the Year came to the Antigonish theatre...eventually. Most of the stuff that comes I don't want to see at all. So of course I went to see it. Honestly, it wasn't what I expected. It looked like pure lighthearted Robin Williams political-poking fun. Then there was the whole conspiracy thing that was almost the entire movie. The movie was...okay. It had its funny moments, but I have nothing witty or insightful to say about it. Oh, I can say that I normally strongly dislike Laura Linney, but this was the first time that she was actually tolerable.

The best feature about the supposedly uncorrupted comedian as President was the honesty he had. Could you imagine if all politicians were that honest? I think that a country like the US wouldn't be able to survive with honestly like that. Maybe Canada could, but the US has too many dirty little secrets dirty ways of functioning. I think that if everyone knew everything, that the old Right of the People to alter or abolish it[the government], and to institute a new Government, laying its Foundation on such Principles, and organizing its Powers in such Form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness would come into play. I've always thought that seemed like a really cool concept in the Declaration of Independence. Doesn't seem like the modern government would see things that way, though. Anyways, I know absolutely nothing about modern politics or government, so I'll stop pretending as if I do. :-P

I'm currently experiencing knitting frustration with circular needles and the idea of double pointed needles. Turns out that my circular needles aren't small enough. I guess that means another trip to the sad craft section of....WalMart.