Thursday, December 28, 2006

Mountains of Beef and a movie

It's hard to say what you've done in a day when you've done nothing. It's also hard to sleep in when all the rooms are as exposed as they are in this house. Almost as soon as one person wakes up, a chain reaction occurs, with the last person clinging stubbornly to their sleep. By the time I let go of my sleep today, it was only 8:30. Eight thirty!!!!

With all the people in the house, though, by the time I got my bath, it was one in the afternoon. :) Btw, something has happened with the well, so that water seems to be coming out....dirty. It keeps getting worse. Today, it was so dirty that I couldn't see my feet in the bottom of the tub. Yuck! Hopefully that will...fix itself...magically.

Dad was so determined to have a dinner of hamburgers and hot dogs. So tonight, in the cold dark, he went out to the grill with his little headlamp and coat on, and grilled them. We ended up with so many burgers, it was a mountain. As you see, above, the mountain of burgers.

We took the usual family Christmas photo, which was a funny event. Children running everywhere, camera timers going off at unexpected moments.

We watched Steve Martin's movie, Shopgirl. Plenty of people told me that it was "weird," and they didn't like it. However, I loved it!! Most of the movie was an awkward, embarassing story about one woman and two men. At the end, though, things took a sudden turn and became surprisingly happy and optimistic. It had a useful story about relationships and miscommunications, and what makes a relationship happy. So, I recommend it, but now I've created unreasonable expectations. Ohhhh well.