Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Quick Thoughts

Mock me if you will, but I never realized that Billy Joel's Oh What a Night was a cover of Franki Valli and the Four Seasons. And wikipedia says that people think that Billy Joel did a cover, but he didn't. Now I'm even more embarrassed. Why did I think he did? Why do apparently a number of people think he did?

Oranges are fantastic!

I'm experiencing post-Harry Potter blues or something. Perhaps similar to Jaime's Harry Potter malaise. It's nothing to do with not being able to talk about it or anything, I'm just sad that it's over or something.

Scrabble on Facebook is dangerous. I don't get anything done, because I just sit around staring at the screen thinking, "I must be able to do better than that, come on, I wonder if QULP is a word...let's try it...no, big surprise," and so I waste my day, not actually playign a word, not accomplishing anything else.

Simplify Media is so great. My meager music collection (very pathetic, actually) has just been enriched by about 10,000 songs or something, thanks to being a friend with Brad. Everyone join and be my friend. And I will be a parasite unto your music collection.

I'm so afraid of Moira entering an environment where it might be uncool to excel. Bullies stealing lunch money, cliques, whatever, I think she'll be able to handle it. But I'm worried she'll want to perform like the others, who will undoubtedly not be as kickass as she is.

Who changed my daemon back into a lion? Many thanks.

I had a dream last night that Brad was supposed to pick me up at my dorm to take me out to dinner or something, but I got help up and was like an hour late. The porter told me he'd waited forever, but had to leave. It turns out that since I'd last seen him he had become a huge writer/director, and Scarlett Johansson was with him while he was waiting for me. Go Brad!

I as well have difficulties getting rid of things with Mom attachments. There were those little candle holders with Peace or Calm written on them. Mine had fallen over and been stepped on, the little shade couldn't even go over the bottom of it, but I'd still been holding onto it, and only recently resigned myself to the necessity of eventually throwing it out.