Sunday, July 15, 2007

tummy ache...too much peanut butter fudge...

I hope there are Harry Potter conventions. And then you and I are going to them, Jaime. We can wear capes.

I'll go out into the woods and make you a wand. That's what I should do. I'll become a wand maker, like Ollivander, but less creepy. Everyoen can specify their wood, length, core, and how springy or firm it is. Of course, there will be no core, so you can just have fun imagining, and I don't know the different trees, adn will honestly just pick a twig up from off the ground, so you'll just be in the dark about what wood it is. So really, the only thing you can pick will be length and how slender/thick it is. I'll be taking orders. :)

I went to the local book store two days ago. Calais didn't have a book store in that year that I lived here. WalMart was as close as Calais came to selling books, and even for a WalMart, our WalMart's book selection was skimpy. Anyways. Shortly after I left, this woman opened up shop, originally named Calais Bookstore. For an area like Calais, this store is a true gem. The woman is competent, enjoys talking about books, and has a reading group once a month. I found an adorable little hardback copy of Jane Eyre when I went in.

Anyways, you all know what I was actually in that bookstore for. I asked her about her shipment of Harry Potter books. She isn't doing any presales, and is ordering a limited supply, and won't be reordering after those sell out. :( Booh. So I will be there Saturday morning, waiting her to open her doors, doubtlessly with lots of little kids waiting with me. I hope I can get one!