Monday, October 22, 2007

fast like grease lightning (as in, I wrote this really quickly)

So, I think I've picked a Halloween costume out. Radical Edward from Cowboy Bebop! Cons: No one will know who I'm supposed to be, and I'll be wearing black spandex shorts. Pros: I love Radical Edward, and it's easy and cheap to do. Except I'll never find goggles that are quite right.
I mentioned ages ago that I got a pair of Crocs. And Anne was all, "ewwwwwwwwww, gross." So now you can truly judge. Here are they are. All dirty. I think they look pretty cute from the side. And I'm often wearing them with jeans, which looks better. And now that you know what they look like, feel free to "ew" them, Anne.
There's a lock on my door that I really like. Most of you know that I'm the most un-locking person ever. I never lock my car. If I had a house I wouldn't lock that. In the houses that I do stay in (Ben and Julie's excepted), I don't lock those. I don't lock up my bike. When I leave my dorm, I typically don't lock that. BUT! I have really been enjoying locking my dorm room door as I sleep at night. There's this fabulous lock that has a feeling of solidarity and dependability behind it. And feeling it snap into place as I'm about to go to bed is an amazing thing. So, I give you my amazing lock:
You know you're in a small town, when the sound of the helicopter doing a life flight landing at the hospital wakes you up at night. I don't think this happens very often. But around five in the morning, I was woken by a weird thwapping sound. Looked out my window (I didn't have my glasses on), and managed to make out the lights and ...wings? are those thigns called wings? rotaries? we'll call them rotaries. ...and rotaries of the helicopter. At first, I thought, "Manhunt! I wonder who they're chasing." The lack of spotlight, moment of sanity, and hospital brought me back to my senses. I hope whoever they were life flighting in/out was okay.