Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Right before class...

I don't like Chicken or Beef Ramen anymore. Oriental and Vegetable are my favorites. I'm like a Ramen vegetarian! Does that mean I get to gain acceptance from Ben and Jaime???

The big university student 20 cent packaged noodle brand around here is Mr. Noodles. If I slip up and say Ramen to anyone, I just get blank stares.

Whenever I see something advertising that it's "top quality," I always think that the opposite is probably the case.

The hot water seemed to be turned off this last weekend. I don't know if they thought that no one was left in my branch of hte dorm after everyone left for Thanksgiving, but I managed through some icy cold showers. I talked myself through it. "You're camping, Mandy, and isn' tthe lake being this freezing part of the fun of being outdoors? BRISK!" Yesterday night, everyone returned, and sure enough, so did the hot water.

I'm very happy at the moment. Oh, and I'm completely in love with Gene Wilder.

Anne: My Christmas list asks for a book on learning bass, not for a bass. I've owned an electric bass since senior year in high school, when you wanted your upright back, and I asked for that book on bass last year as well. Speaking of which, Dad's going to throw a hissy fit pretty soon about the upright bass still being in storage wherever. You should head that off without him saying anything so that when he does, you can smile at him and say, "Of course, Daddy, I took care of that months ago." Otherwise there will be full-level Dad whining.

Clinical neuroscience, Anne? Haha. If that's your thing. Seems wicked tough to me, though.