Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Funny/Not Funny

Funny: Almost every computer in every computer lab says, "This copy of Windows is not genuine. You may be a victim of software counterfeiting." It's been this way for days, and no one's done anything about it. (Amusingly, a guy is walking around *right now* apparently doing something about it. Apparently.

Not funny: Seemingly as a result of this weird software thing that's going on, I can't access *any* email *at all.* Not gmail, not my school mail, not hotmail. Unfortunately for me, I have an essay due today in art that I had emailed myself so that I could print it off at school since I don't have a printer. So what does this mean for me? No essay. That's okay, it was horrible anyways. So, lucky me, I have a break between my last class and art. I sit down to write a new essay. This one is actually like ten times better than the one I wrote last night, yay! Unfortunately, apparent other side effect of stupid softwareness: Can't print. AHHH!!! Also can't get to my email to email it to myself so that I can log on on a different computer and print it from there. And I don't want to log out of my account, 'cause then I would lose my much better essay ("no changes made while you are logged on in this session will be saved"). So, I find a computer that doesn't have this software glitch, log on under Tim's username while remaining logged in at the other computer, and print off my sucky essay. Not funny.