Sunday, October 01, 2006

Fretless!

So, go OSU. I honestly didn't think that they were playing particularly wonderfully, it just seemed like Iowa was making mistakes, which OSU successfully took advantage of. I love actually being able to watch the OSU games.

Yesterday was also homecoming for StFX. Jessie, Katie, Tim, and I went over to the football field, but because we were too cheap to pay to get in (I forgot to bring my student ID, silly me), we sat on this absurdly steep hill that actually gave a great view of the field. StFX's football team is actually supposed to be pretty good, and we frequently win what I guess would be considered nationals. However, from what I saw on Saturday, we are *not* good this year. Despite the little mini fireworks, blow-up things for the kids to bounce around in, and much cheering, we were soundly beaten by Acadia.

As I've been looking into graduate school more and more, it's making me worry. Hundreds of students apply, and around three are accepted per university, in many cases (this is just hte psychology department). How is anyone supposed to compete with those kind of acceptance rates???? You know what's cool? At the University of Toronto, graduate school is only like $8,000 a year, which you can most likely defray with a research assistant job under your supervising professor, but then your PhD doesn't cost *anything*. Nada. I want this very much.

Has anyone taken the GRE? Have any thoughts or observations about it? It looks like a vile, evil thing to me, and I'll need to take the psychology subject test, too. When is it recommended to take the GRE? At the end of the junior year, or beginning of the senior year or so? And do people typically take it more than once, or just once?

I thought the Navaratri festival type thing that Ben, Jaime, Moira, and Evie went to looked awesome. I wish I had a sari. They're so beautiful.

New Christmas present idea: Beginning Electric Bass Technique Book. 'Cause I really am horrible at this electric bass thing with the crazy frets. Ahhh1!!! Frets!!!! I should just go fretless.