Saturday, October 14, 2006

Pie Adventure

A: I'm very ticked off. Halfway through the OSU vs. Mich State game, the coverage suddenly switched over to Texas A&M vs. Missouri. Who cares about Texas A&M vs. Missouri?! Pas moi.

B: A little while earlier (like last month), I made fun of the How To Use Ctrl Alt Del to log in to your computer screen that came up on school computers. I have noticed, though, that it only comes up on the computers that professors are supposed to be using. Also, after meeting my French professor, I see that there may actually be very good reason for having that How-To thing. I've never seen someone so completely clueless about computers. He spends most of class saying, "What's going on? What's going on? Ahhh." Reminds me of The End of the World flash, with the Canadians: "What's goin' on, eh?"

C: Does this happen everywhere, or just Canada? When someone wants to pluralize "you" they either say "yous" or "yas." As in, "I'll see yas later." "What are yous doing?" Irritates me, I will admit.

D: After the frustrating OSU game debacle, Kale and Tim were playing Halo, and I was twiddling my thumbs, thinking, what should I do? Well, I had cherries, I had apples, and I had pie crusts. What could I do but make Cherry Apple Pie?? However, I've never made a pie before. Surprising, I know. Cake master, cookie master, pie novice, bread flunkie. Also, did you guys know that some pre-made pie crusts come alreadys shaped in little aluminum cake thingies??? It was news to me. I'm used to those ones that are wrapped up in quarters, and you unfold them into your own pan thing, and then lay the top layer over the fruit filling. So, instead of having two pie things with which I could do what I wished, I had two aluminum pie things with crust already shaped to them. So instead of making one covered fruit pie, I made two one crust fruit pies. I know nothing about pies, had no corn starch or tapioca whatever, so just sort of did it. What I ended up with weretwoa hideous-looking pies (as seen here) that didn't taste that bad. I should have added more sugar.