Friday, April 13, 2007

All done!

Now you can blog in Hindi!

Well, I'm finally finally done. My last class was on Wednesday, but I still had this lab that was all about SPSS to do. I turned it in twenty minutes ago, and now I'm totally totally done...until exams. Yay!

On Tuesday, my research methods and statistics group put up our poster, the end result of a year-long project, in which we designed a study, wrote up questionnaires, an invitation to participate, consent form, and debriefing letter, applied and received ethical clearance (took about our third draft for us to get it), collected data using a psych 100 class, analyzed the data, and created this poster to report our findings. I won't bore anyone with exactly what we were looking at, but suffice it to say that we found absolutely NO result. That was because the design of our experiment was horrible and designed by a researcher who wanted to be lazy (me).

I just have to share that Jibbles (resident cat) put his head inside my Tim Hortons doughnut bag, it got stuck on his head, and started running around the house with the bag on his head, until it finally fell off. Amazing! And I didn't grab a picture. I might put it back on later, to try and recapture the moment for everyone.

So, here is the final result. I was shocked at how long this poster took to put together. So don't make fun of it. :-P
And here is my noble group. Shelley, Erika, Laura, and Gregg, as we all sit back and enjoy the fruits of our labor. I realized, Sam, that while you visited me, the present I got for you two Christmases ago was right here on my bookshelf, all wrapped, and I still forgot to give it to you. Oy.

Dad got me a Skype phone for my birthday! It's not up and running quite yet (charging), but now if you call me on Skype, the chances of me picking up (since the sound won't be muted, and I won't need to try and find my headset) will be greatly increased. Also, I'm counting on the sound quality to be better.

It's still snowing, all white outside, but it's nice and warm, so at least that's something. I really really can't wait for that month of traveling, being in warm places. It's April 12th, but there's no way you'd be able to tell by looking out the window. I'm very ready for some sandals.

What's with the joining Facebook craze? Jennie, Dan, and Jaime are the only siblings not on now, right? Nope, Dan and Jennie are the only ones. HOW did I not know that you were on Facebook, Jaime?? Aaah. Well, I just added you. Problem solved!