Tuesday, April 03, 2007

An unremarkable birthday post

Happy birthday to me!

Thanks to everyone for fabulous birthday wishes. Ben K, I can't get to your blog for some reason. :-( (...hours later, I got to it!) I love how Facebook brings all these friends out of the woodwork for a quick happy birthday wish. It's kind of nice and random at the same time.

Never fear, Jaime. My 21stish celebrating took place last night. I had a couple of martinis with dinner, and a pina colada when I got home. Yummy! But it was all a very tame affair.

Yesterday, I had a French oral exam for my final in French lab. And I am not lying at all when I say that one of the guys who went managed to speak the dictee with a French Borat (!) accent! It was Borat in French, no kidding. Picture Sacha Baron Cohen saying, "Pierre et moi, nous nous connaissions depuis deja trois ans." It's pretty funny. And I really don't think he intended to do it. Also, the lab professor tried to lighten the mood by being "funny," and interrupting us over and over again right as we started to speak. Talk about unnerving.

As I think about graduate school, I'm not certain that I want to necessarily go to one of the "top" psych universities. I'd prefer a university that is really friendly in a medium-sized city. Does anyone have any "this university kicks ass" suggestions?

Have you guys ever played Worms? I love it! Scorched Earth with worms. And they're soo cute; I can't really bear to kill them. But I sure can throw a mean grenade.