Sunday, September 09, 2007

a little something

As ever, my posters will just not stop falling down. Am I cursed? Perhaps. Either that, or too cheap to buy the really nice sticky tack.

My callouses are beginning to show themselves again. Only my third finger is still a bit squishy.

I just listened to this cover by Radiohead of Wonderwall, by Oasis. The moment I saw it, I knew I had to hear it. I mean, this would be a band that I love playing a song that I abhor. Sure enough, Radiohead was actually just making fun of it. I am so happy.

Sometimes, I wonder how seriously I should take my dreams. There's the logical response of, "Not seriously at ALL, Mandy, have you been listening to yourself and the messed up things you dream about?" But then sometimes I have these vivid dreams that eerily kind of give an answer to whatever dilemma I'm having at the time, and let me tell you, that's hard to resist. When you're sitting, debating, debating, and then you're told the answer in a dream.

Last night I had one of the best social scene nights I've experienced in Antigonish. StFX's only music program is a jazz program, and Monday nights at the "pub" (actually just a nice bar), the professors meet and play for about four hours. So last night I went with Nick, Greg, and Chris, two other guys joined us, and we sat squeezed into a four person booth for the entire time, listening to some good jazz, while they drank more and more beer. All the music students were there listening, and it was just the best, most laid-back scene that I've encountered yet. Hurray!