Sunday, November 12, 2006

BOBS

Okay, so, I feel like getting my hair cut fairly short. What do you think of these haircuts? Ignore the fact that the middle one is of evil girl from Bruce Almighty...I think. We'll label them one, two, and three, from top to bottom.

I really don't like Cap'n Crunch. It tastes so fake.

So, I can't do that Students Without Borders thing next summer, 'cause the application date has already passed, but there are loots of other programs that do the same thing that I'm interested in.
This site has options I'm interested in for Ghana, Kenya, and Nepal, and this site has options I'm interested in for Ghana and Kenya, and maaaybe South Africa, and this site has an option I'm interested in for Botswana. They all offer different things with their program, but that last one, the company is actually based in Botswana, and has lots of language, culture, music, and dance classes that go along with volunteering, plus weekend excursions. It seems to offer the most outside of the actual volunteer program, but it's also expensive. Right now, I think the biggest obstacle, though, is Dad and his probable dislike for the yellow fever, malaria, smallpox, and AIDS.

My latest snacking discovery is cheese. I loooooove cheese. Not a bunch of nasty cheeses, but basically anything that's smoked, or classic. It's sooo expensive though. I can't afford this habit, especially when I just want to keep going back and slicing off more and more and more. Hehe, remember that time that mom got a cheese ball, and Jaime was eating it, and we were all speculating on what the pinkish flecks were. "Is that ham? Is that ham???" "Uh...I don't know. Maybe?"

I drove to New Glasgow last night to see Marie Antoinette. I wouldn't recommend it. As a biography, I think it serves its function really well, and it had some creative ideas about how to show things. Otherwise, the movie's script was pretty awkward, and I wish that someone other than Kirsten Dunst, with her amazingly flat, wide American accent, had played Marie Antoinette. The Americanness was fine, they obviously made no attempt at trying to be French or Austrian, but her way of talking is just sooooo...wide. Every time she opened her mouth, I just felt like, modern! modern! modern! There *were* some scenes though that were well done, and really got me into the moment. Some.

Seinfeld is on every moment of every day. It's amazing. If I want to watch Seinfeld, I can watch it.

I feel so silly. I'm stitching some flags onto my satchel-y backpack, and I was looking up unique flags for Soctland and England, 'cause I don't like the Union Jack. So I got St. Andrew's Cross and St. George's Cross, and as I sat there looking at them, I was like, "Whoaaaaa." Dawning realization! I can't believe I never saw before how they combined the two to make the Union Jack. So, don't I feel sheepish. *bah*