Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Thoughts in the Middle of the Day

Well, I did it. The papers are done, my art's done (and doesn't look *that* bad), unfortunately, I think the quality of the art is much higher than the quality of my Developmental psychology paper. Oh well. It's over, so I shouldn't let it stress me out. However, I should get a jump on the next two upcoming papers.

So, there's this apartment building that I *really* want to live in. It was just built/renovated this summer. There isn't a number on the outside, and no one's living in it yet. I haven't heard word one about it on any of the off campus housing listings. I wrote emails to around five people in an attempt to find any information about it. Everyone says, yeah, I know those apartments you're talking about, but don't have any information on them. Does anyone have any advice for how to go about sneaking in and snagging an early lease for one of these places? I've searched every online listing that exists for this area, and it's not there. With the prime location these apartments are in for the university, once it gets published, I doubt that I'll stand a chance getting one, and I want one so badly! Blargh! Ben K, can you hack into Canadian appraisal/real estate stuff? The number should be just below 110 St. Ninian's St. :) Should I just walk in the front door one day, and be like, "Give me an apartment!!!"? Maybe I should rummage through a trash can in an attempt to find an address and landlord information. Then I could stalk him in his home. Brilliant.

So, the latest destination in Mandy's Go and Do Something Real This Summer: Tanzania! It's much more rural. There are two different programs for Tanzania. One is the style of: Live in a mud hut among people who drink blood, milk, and eat meat for sustenance, and the other is: more building-y, i believe. They don't have the huge drought problem that the mud hut guys do. So, I'm thinking of going with the more building-oriented but still rural guys. They're about 30 mins away from Kilimanjaro airport and 12 km from a decent-sized town, Arusha. So, I'm pretty excited.

I know that everyone is *dying* for an update on my hair. Of course. First, I am lazy and haven't made an appointment to get it cut yet. Second, though I dyed my hair a fairly dark brown, and it *was* fairly dark brown, the brownliness of it has gradually faded out. And what am I left with? My regular hair color? No! Some extremely red hair. I'm gonna try a less reddish brown hair dye next time. Please, try and contain your excitement.

So, we're going to the BeVier's for Thanksgiving. This is cool. I like the BeViers, I like their place, and I like being there. But now, instead of spending a relaxing Thanksgiving with my family, I'm going to spend it trying to be polite, feeling uptight, feeling uncomfortable about the sportiness they have planned, and not getting to make our own food at home. There's something about the BeViers that makes me feel very insecure about myself. Maybe it's how relaxed and at ease they are? Maybe it's their natural athletic ability? Maybe it's how I don't know anything about what it is that is discussed whenever I'm there. Maybe it's because they seem to always do things, when I'd prefer to just sit there with people. Maybe it's because they're all very attractive people, and I feel like the ugly duckling. I don't know. I'll still enjoy myself when I'm there, but at the end of the day, I'll be very emotionally tired.

Can't wait to go home, though!! To drive or to bus...still haven't decided 100% yet.