Monday, November 06, 2006

Skype!!

Okay, I want some feedback here. I'm getting a Skype account so that I can call people without it costing 21/23 cents a minute. Evil. Now the question is, should I get SkypeOut or SkypeIn? Ben K uses SkypeOut, right? You just put a certain amount of money on your account, and it costs like one or two cents a minute to call any landline or mobile number anywhere in the US or Canada. Better yet, anywhere to the US or Canada is free right now 'til the end of the year! I sound like an ad.
Or, should I get SkypeIn? I'd get a phonenumber, and this way all you family members who still have a phone could call me, and if I'm not there, instead of me just getting a little red flag with a Missed Event notice on my Skype thing, you could actually leave me voicemail. And since it's on my computer, you can bet that it would be checked approx. five times per day. Aaaand, I don't know if on Skype you get to record your voicemail message or not, but if I did, I would actually be able to *change* it here, since this is a computer. My cell phone still has dad's old voicemail message on it (of Anne), and everyone who calls gets really confused. "Hi, Mandy....this is Emma...I'm calling for Mandy, not Dr. Kessler or Anne Marie....but Mandy, if you do get this meet me....." True, this has made for some really funny messages. Oh, did you guys know that I couldn't even access my voicemail from in Canada? Yeah, that's right. So those times when I went home (Christmas, spring break), I checked my voicemail, and had like 15 messages from Anne, Ben K, and Dad. Made me feel very loved all at once.

So, SkypeOut, or SkypeIn? And if I do get SkypeIn, what number should I pick? I can't pick just any, but I at least have some say.

Give me your opinions!!!!!