Thursday, November 16, 2006

Some Very Fast Thoughts

minutes before class!

First. What's with girls and boots? One day, I was at classes, and no one was wearing boots. The next day, every other girl I see is wearing her uggs/lacy up boot things. How did they *all* know to switch to boots suddenly??? This must be some scary Canadian telepathy that I don't know about. The day was as nice as it was the day before. There was no snow or anything. Just, magically: Boots!

I love Canada. Why do I love Canada? Payphones are still 25...isn't there a cent sign? Can't find it... Okay, still 25 cents. Walk up with a quarter, and you're good to go. Fabulous.

I've sworn off long fingernails. When playing the cello, I never got to have them. Think about. Third and fourth grade: Mom was probably still sitting down with me trimming them. Ow! She cut them so short. After that, I started private lessons. And what happens when you go into private lessons with some white showing at the tips of your fingers? The nail clippers came out! *snip snip snip* "Okay, now we can start playing." Thus, from fourth grade to sophomore year, I rarely had *any* fingernails. Occasionally I'd put on some fake nails so I could have fun with the idea of long nails for a couple of days, and then break them off before I went to my lesson. For the last couple of years though, there hasn't been any private lesson. No one's been forcing me to cut my nails. And I have had quite a bit of fun growing them out. Long, long, long! Yay! However, I have now come to the realization: Long nails are horrible. They just get in the way of everything. I have a bit of white at the ends right now, and I can't type as quickly. So, forget about long nails! Why bother? I like them short.

I have a hair appointment for tomorrow evening, yay! No one let me forget. I did that once. Whoops.

Class time!