Monday, November 13, 2006

Boring stuff.

Well, it looks like bob #3 is winning. The title of that last entry is funny, 'cause with it in all caps like that, it makes it look like I meant to write "boobs" and just messed up. Yes, that's right, I *am* that immature. So, I'll hopefully make a hair appointment for sometime this week. Maybe Wednesday or so? It could be a celebration for completing two papers and fun for goign out to Boston Pizza to celebrate its opening and my friend's first day on the job there. Absolutely scintillating. :-P

So, yeah, two papers. One due tomorrow...oh. Wait. That got pushed back to next Monday. YES!!!! Okay, one paper. Due Wednesday. It's not big at all, but I *am* procrastinating majorly on it, as evidenced by this post's existence.

Just a note: I would have soooo much fun getting to spend a whole week in North Carolina with Moira and Evie!!! We could do fun little projects, see if there are any bioluminescent critters in the sand at night, make picture frames (? or whatever) out of seashells that we collect, and lots of other fun stuff. I suppose you've already covered waves and how it's just a transfer and energy, and the water isn't actually moving forward? That would be a fun lesson to be learned at the beach! Though sort of hard, when you see the water flowing up onto the sand, and then back into the ocean..., slightly contradictory.

So, I looked at the Peace Corps summer program, and features of it that sort of turn me away are: You don't stay in one place for more than five days, *part* of your time is spent in home stay, you have to move around with a group, and you only do what sounds like a small amount of work to help out the communities. With Americorps, on a summer program I wouldn't even be able to leave the States. Is it possible for me to find information in Amnesty International without already being a member?

So far, my top two candidates are ELI and MTC, aaaaand I basically got Dad's go-ahead.

On another note, Dad and Sandra got divorced on the ninth. I won't lie and say I'm not happy, 'cause I am. Right after the divorce, she drove back to North Carolina, and now he's sad that she's gone and all lonely. Amusingly, she never even got to meet all of her step-children. I actually thought that after they got divorced, things might go a little easier what with the ease in pressure. Even though Dad's sad now, though, I really think that he's going to be better off in the longrun, so I'm pretty happy for him.