Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Miserable Whinings

Here is where I get to do nothing but complain. Yes.

So, I walk into my Research Methods and Statistics class, say excitedly, "Can you believe he pushed the paper back?? I'm so happy!" Everyone looks at me and says, "What?" Immediately, the inner Mandy stops smiling and says to herself, "Crap." That's right, that paper wasn't pushed back a week at all. I read through the email my lab instructor sent and misread. The paper was due today. So I left RM&S early, went over the Annex (a very fun, dilapidated building, home of the Psych deparment), and visited my lab instructor. "Hiiiiiii," I say. "Would you believe, when I read your email, somehow I misinterpreted it and thought you meant that the paper was being pushed back to next week?" "Really." "Yeaah, so, I found out that it is actually due today, and," and la da di da di da. The long and the short of it is that my lab instructor is really nice, and he's letting me email the assignment to him tonight, then turn in a paper copy tomorrow, and he won't count it as being late. I love this university! But still: Now I have two papers plus my art assignment to do tonight. :( Why must I procrastinate?!

Other suckiness: Got my paper for my Social Psychology lab back today. Do you think there's an unspoken rule that lab instructors are required to be the most miserably difficult graders you've ever encountered, and make your professors look like nice little cherub graders? 'Cause this is the second time that I've written what I felt was a fairly solid paper, and I've gotten a rotten mark on it, with some amazingly weird comments written in the margin that make me think, "What bee got in your bonnet?"

So, I have an unexpectedly large amount of work to do tonight (2 papers and art assignment[I'm supposed to spend a minimum of three hours on this...riiiiight]), plus I got a bad mark on a paper.

Also, just to up the whining ante, people in computer labs are obnoxious. Why do they have to talk so loudly about how stupid they are, while lauding the accomplishments of their friends, and saying stupid facts out loud? BE QUIET! Do what you want to do, but hte only thing I want to hear is the tick tick tacking of your keyboard. GAAAR!

Whew. I'm a monster today. Better stay out of my path.