Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Psychology Excitement & Halloween LetDown

Okay, honestly, I've been doing pretty kickass great in my three psych classes this year. I know, I know, I mostly only have one grade that's worth like 10% of my overall mark right now, but I'm still feeling pretty good about it. When January rolls around, and I have a meeting with a psychology academic advisor, I'm hoping they'll say, "Yes!! Of *course* you should be doing an Honours degree! What other kind would you pick with marks like yours?" And then I'll ask one of my professors if I can help them in the lab at all, and they'll love to have me, and my application for graduate school will look increasingly impressive.

What a nice, perfect picture. That means that it won't actually happen that way at all.

And, as indicated by the title, Halloween was a *major* letdown on my street. Bought tooooons of candy (good candy, too), put it in a bowl, turned all the lights on, propped the door open...why didn't they come??? Granted, there isn't a sidewalk on my side of the street. And we didn't have any pumpkins out. We had maybe six kids stop by, max. Two of them were really cute, wearing little matching bear costumes. I heard the kid outside the door as he was trying to ring the doorbell, "But I can't reach it mommy...[sounds of stretching up on tippytoes with full effort]." "Yes you can, sweetie, try again." *ring* They were really cute. Now, I have tons and tons of candy that I can eat *all night.* This is gonna be deadly.