Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Dreamings

I'm sitting here waiting for a lab, that may or may not be happenining, to start. Oh, it is happening. Lab guy just walked in. I still really want to tell you guys about the last two nights' messed up dreams.

Okay, two nights ago:

I had been given $5,000 to spend on clothes for a makeover (very much What Not To Wear, I know), and spent the entire first day in a clothing store run by Michael Caine. Just before closing time, I wanted to run over to this shoe store and buy some kickass shoes. No luck, though, 'cause they were just lowering their metal bar things as I arrived. I decided to console myself with a streudel in a pub type place next to Michael Caine's clothing store. There was a ridiculously long line, though, and Caine's store closed while I was waiting. On top of that, there were only two streudel left! (These were huge streudel. Like the size of a 500 page book.) Anyways, the woman who owns the place, in this thick Hungarian accent, says, "Oh, we're running out of streudel, there's only enough left for the Kessler." I was confused that she knew me, but apparently Mom and Dad used to bring us to this pub allll the time when I was little. :-P So, Michael Caine closed his shop, and he and the girl who works there joined me in the pub, where I ordered, what else, a Diet Pepsi.

And last night:

Well, I'll make this concise. But the scale and details of this dream are just insane. Basically, between being Mindy from Mork and Mindy, and finding out I was adopted thus somehow making it necessary for me to paint myself entirely white, and counseling a friend while he wore an oldschool fifties hat and played the piano while smoking a cigarette, I was also the daughter of this king, whose enemies were attackign the city. In the hubub of evacuating to the river (which was somehow smart...) I ended up lost among the footsoldiers, where I made a kickass friend and helped confuse the enemy across the river by doing weird things with candles in baskets under water all night. I really liked my soldier friend.

So! Those were my two most recent dreams. Last night's episode of House was really good. If you didn't see it, then don't read this sentence in parentheses (Cameron's look was priceless when she realized that House stole a patient's file and pretended to have cancer in order to have an experimental dopamine treatment injected into his brain to, ultimately, get high. Priceless. She looked sooooo horrified.)

Has anyone ever had that experience where you're holding a wicked hot drink (coffee, hot chocolate, tea) but you're so cold. In fact, that's why you're drinking this hot drink. You're so cold, in fact, that you have no control whatsoever over your shivering. After trying to hold them in for a time, they burst out in huge twitches...and your drink is now all over you. I hate that. It's happened at least twice. Happened again this morning. I'm going to cancel lunch with a friend, actually, because I can't begin to bear the thought of walking all the way to the A&W in the cold.

If anyone ever wanted to know what one of my dreams was sort of like, I'd watch MirrorMask. Someone might as well have gone into my head and recorded one of my dreams. That's how I felt while I was watching it. More on that movie later.

The Illusionist/The Prestige. I wouldn't consider one better than the other. The Prestige was more complex and its characters were much darker. For just the pleasure of watching, I'd see The Illusionist again, because I enjoy a nice romance, and all the revenge and stuff in The Prestige kind of depressed me. But they were both good.

Time for art! A class where I didn't do the work... :-/