Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Mandy's Art Studio: I

Okay, here we go. First! Some observations. After taking pictures of these sketches, it's interesting comparing what the real thing looks like to what the picture on my computer looks like. Some of them look...a lot better on screen, and others look a lot better in my sketchbook. Mostly, I notice how much the flaws stand out in the picture of it on my computer. With a two-second glance, I see that one eye is bigger than the other, or one entire side is completely larger. So, keep in mind while you look at these: I am also squinting my eyes, trying to make everything look right, and some of these are split-second efforts, after a night of long paper-writing, just trying to fit this sketching assignment in before bed and class tomorrow. And all of these will be in chronological order, starting with my very first homework assignment. Oh, also, some of these are in sort of bad condition, as other pencil/chalk rubbed off onto it.

So, self-portrait. The idea was just to work on proportion. And the sketches below were to continue proportion work and get a sense of the foreground, middleground, and background. Nothing crazy. :)