Sunday, March 11, 2007

Movie binging

Due to laziness and obscene comfort in my outrageuously green lounge pants, I'm staying in and watching bad television instead of going to see Pan's Labyrinth. Jaime, you'll be happy to know that I've gone to the gym the last three nights in a row. Go me!!

Last night, I saw Stranger Than Fiction. It was great! I heard so little about it once it actually came out, and the impression that I got from talking to people was, "meh." But I spent like half the time laughing with horror and delight. Emma Thompson was wonderfully neurotic, and both she and Will Ferrel were very lovable characters. Oh, and Dustin Hoffman and Queen Latifah made for fun supporting actors.

Some quotes I enjoyed:
Queen Latifah: You know there's something called a patch.
Emma Thompson: I don't need a patch, I smoke cigarettes .

Dustin Hoffman: Aren't you relieved to know you're not a golem?
Will Ferrel: Yes, I'm relieved to know I'm not a golem.

You know what I dislike? People's fake affection and closeness. Maybe this is part of why I find it difficult to make friends or I find being social...awkward, but I just can't stand people who barely know each other saying they love each other, hugging, and kissing each other on the cheek. Especially people who have just been introduced doing that. Blah. And then, everyone just talks about stupid things and smiles, and what they say is completely empty. But, if you want to talk to some people, that's what you have to do.

I have a goal to find two adorable spring/summer dresses casual enough for everyday wear. Feel free to submit ideas. :)