Wednesday, March 28, 2007

No, you won't find any substance here

Okay, I just went through a lot of trouble to organize my Google homepage. To keep me from having to organize it again, Brad and Jaime, you must continue to have approximately one out of yuor last three titles be double-lined, while everyone else is restricted to not using more than one Google homepage title lines in your blog entries. That will help keep everything nicely proportioned. Thanks for your help.

:)

This campus is funny. No buildings or rooms are labelled. I think it's actually because everyone wants to laugh at the freshman the first two weeks of school. But seriously, that's what it takes. First two weeks, and the freshman stumble awkwardly into other classrooms, wander around lost on campus, and can be heard saying things like, "the Black Doors? Where's The Black Doors? Have you heard of the Black Doors?" "No, but I saw a pair of black doors in the basement of Moe's. Maybe that's the Black Doors." ...until they've learned where things are trial by fire style. Bathrooms aren't labelled, either. For so long (a month) last year, I wondered, "Where are the bathrooms?!" Then one day I sat in the hallway of Nicholson (where all my classes are) for an hour. I noticed that only men went in and came out of this one room. So I went to its symmetrical opposite, and there it was! A door that only women went in and came out of. Thaaank goodness. The classrooms of Nicholson have laminated room numbers taped to the wall to label them. And if you're from outside the campus and are trying to find a building, don't even bother trying. Just ask someone before you waste your time. Hmm...the library has a name on it. I don't know what it is, though...because people just call it the "library," shocking.

For the first time ever, I read some of The Onion. I've heard so much about this site. My opinion: Funny, but sarcasm can only take you so far. I got tired of it in about ten minutes, 'cause by the time you've read the title, you know what the article's going to say.

Due to watching obscene amounts of decorating and real estate shows, I've become totally fixated on decorating next year's bedroom, and so I've been spending ridiculous amounts of time looking at fabric online. Man there are a lot of beautiful fabrics. Expensive ones.