Thursday, March 22, 2007

P-R-O-C-R-A-S...lazy

Today, all the seniors who did a thesis prepared posters and there was a big poster fair, where we could walk around looking at all the studies and results (for all departments, thanks to this small university). And then, while looking at all the fun studies that people did, I had a moment of panic where I felt the need to have a senior thesis and start workign on it now. Instead of doing that, of course, (since that would involve actually having everything planned, written, and an ethics application submitted and approved) I have satisfied myself instead with starting to write down ideas. Here are a million different study ideas rolled into one stream of consciousness:

Dev Psychology says: Same self-image is maintained from puberty/adolescence until forties. With this …reduction in self-consciousness(?)… does the maintenance of appearance deteriorate? Is there a difference in the deterioration of appearance maintenance between males and females? Is it because a larger percentage of women stay home with kids, while males need to “look good” for work? Is there a deterioration of appearance maintenance a little while after getting married, and if so, how long does it take for this to happen?

Feel free to throw any ideas you guys may have at me. I need inspiration!!!!

You know what's funny? After reading so many studies, I've stopped trusting my environment, especially around the Annex (psychology building). Today, I saw a glove on a step, and thought, "Is someone testing helping behavior? Maybe there's something peeking outside a window above, watching me either pass this glove by, or take it in to an office to be put in the lost and found." Despite my fear, and thanks largely to the icy, stinging wind making me practically sprint past in search of warmth, I didn't pick the glove up.

I've left a paper until tonight, and it's worth 20% of my mark for this whole year. :( I had such wonderful intentions that invloved not procrastinating! What happened to them? So...wish me luck. I hope that brilliant words and ideas flow at lightning speed into Word. Please.