Monday, January 08, 2007

Home Sweet Home

I'm back in Antigonish! The 'Nish. Some might say this is a bad thing, but I like Antigonish. It's small, the pace is slow, and there's a Subway. As I'm sure everyone knows, Dad got me a digital camera to replace my old one that I lost. Yay Dad! Now, however, I'm able to show you all my beautiful home. Get ready for picture bonanzas. As soon as I run into Jessie, I'll take her picture, and then there will be a roommate post, so everyone can get to know the awesome people I live with. With whom I live. Whatever.

Here is 12 Xavier Drive, the house I've been living in with five other people for the last...(pauses to count on fingers..Sep..Oct..Nov..Dec..) four months. You can't see it in this picture, but there are three nice little trees in my front yard, and we have a small backyard that we never use. But we should. But we don't.


Here we have the living room. You can all admire the very well coordinated furniture we have, and amazing decorations. Other than that futon, they're all really comfy, and most importantly: free. The futon was left in the house from last year's students. Periodically, as I or someone else is sitting on it, it suddenly falls apart. Like it seriously just goes...fwoosh! The bolts wiggle out and the frame goes kerplunk. I'm loving the onomatopoeias today, eh? Yeah, I had to look that spelling up. We trash-picked that armchair, and Kale (roomie) brought everything else.





The kitchen doesn't look like much, but it does its job. It can get kind of cramped when people's dinnertimes overlap, but what kitchen doesn't. Every day I'm grateful for those two full-sized fridges.






Here's my room. I swear, it seemed really clean. I can excuse myself because I took this just after I'd arrived, and the room was in the mayhem of unpacking. Excuses, excuses, excuses. A view of both sides of the room.




So, there you go. I have pictures of Tim's room and my bathroom. If anyone cares about seeing them, let me know.