Tuesday, January 23, 2007

More Quick Thoughts

At the moment, I'm sitting in a warm computer lab drinking a Bolthouse juice (green goodness) for breakfast/lunch, I have an apple in my bag for later, and I'm feeling veeeerry content.

Oftentimes, when there's not a google searchbar on the computer I'm using, it doesn't occur to me that there could not be one, so I click on the Address tab, and type in there like I'm searching. And then feel very silly.

If I were Niki Sanders, I would *definitely* feel like I got short-changed on my power. Who wants a manipulative, evil, alter-ego who wants to kill your husband and who knows what else?

I've really been slacking off work-wise. I haven't been reading my textbooks at all since I've gotten back from winter break. This is really going to come back to haunt me when, at the end of this year, I have four textbooks to read in a week before finals.

This is really funny:
On October 2, 2006, Emerson Electric Company, an appliance market competitor of NBC's owner General Electric, filed suit in federal court against NBC. The suit was in regards to a scene that appeared in "Genesis," the pilot episode, which depicts Claire Bennet reaching into an active garbage disposal unit—labeled "In-Sink-Erator"—to retrieve a ring, and severely injuring her hand in the process. Emerson claims the scene "casts the disposer in an unsavory light, irreparably tarnishing the product" by suggesting serious injuries will result "in the event consumers were to accidentally insert their hand into one."

...because if you were to insert your hand into one it ..wouldn't...hurt? I've seen how my spoons have come out of there, and it's not pretty. Ben K's garbage disposal almost took care of a...what was it? An avocado pit? Something.

Did you know Canadians call garbage disposals garburators? Sooo funny.

I'm starting my first real knitting project. Wish me luck!! I'll take pictures when I'm done. :)

I've been getting a *lot* of hits from Decatur, Georgia on my blog. Anybody know someone likely from Georgia? Running on Safari browser...interesting. On a Mac. Have I scared off whoever this is? Sorry. :) I just wonder what brings people back once they've come here.

I'm going to have an entry with a lot of Jibbles pictures, so if you don't like cats, too bad.