Thursday, January 25, 2007

Today, I Ate a Pomelo

Today, I ate a pomelo. A pomelo is like the predecessor to the grapefruit. A grapefruit is a cross between a pomelo and an orange. As you can see, it's more yellow than pink, but I get the impression that this varies. I liked it! Its big bonus is that it has everything pleasant about grapefruit, without the aMAzingly bitter taste. I ate it without any dusting of sugar, and it was nice. Its rind was a little thick, but I found that actually made it easier for me to wiggle out the segments. So, two thumbs up for the pomelo!

Second on my list of accomplishments: Last night, I finished my first real knitting project. It's about the most basic hat you can do. It was in knit 2 purl 2 ribbing, knit flat just decreasing up the top, and sewn together along the back seam with mattress stitch. Unfortunately, and unsurprisingly, I screwed up a lot. Some of my knits and purls got misaligned, and there's a little hole. Soo...it looks as pathetic as the attempt was, but I'm still proud.





Jibbles was sitting in the laundry basket as I was unloading the dryer. As I folded the clothes and put them back in one by one, Jibbles stayed. He was thoroughly ensconced by the time I was done.Here is my dyed hair. I think it's a actually a little darker than this, but you get the idea. I feel very brunette. This summer, I think I'm going to go some reasonable shade of blonde.

Ooh, cheerleader from Heroes is doing a Neutrogena commercial!! Like...Jennifer Love Hewitt, Mischa Barton, and Kristin Kreuk. That doesn't seem like a very good sign to me, except that I really like this Hayden Panettiere. Her first name is Hayden? That's a kind of cool name for a girl....

My absolute favorite facewash: Neutrogena's Oil-Free Acne Wash Cream Cleanser. Let me tell you, I've used a lot of cleansers, and as far as helping acne goes on an oily face, this one takes the cake. If my skin were less troublesome, I'd probably use something milder. But for all you zit-suffering oily skin people out there, this is my pick.