Monday, January 15, 2007

Short Thoughts

So, I've been counting calories (no surprise there) and eating healthfully (what?!). Yeah. I spent like an hour at the grocery store a little more than a week ago picking out nice food. Instead of having a lot of crappy, low-calorie food, I have a little bit of really nice high-calorie food. I also splurged and got multi-vitamins. They're HUGE. And green. Like, lime green. Instead of cardboard-like icky bread, I have molasses brown bread from the bakery that come in nice, big slices. Yay! And...dinners of just a salad. Radical.

I have a target weight with a target date to achieve it. If I do achieve it, I'll put a picture up here just to celebrate it. For motivation, I have a picture of a Victoria's Secret model as my desktop. That may seem shallow, but motivation is very important to me. I always start out overzealous and then burn out.

Oh, I dyed my hair this weekend. When I'm motivated enough to get up from my seat, I'll take a picture to show you guys. It's a somewhat outrageously dark shade of brown.

Every morning when I'm sitting at my desk checking email, Jibbles (cat) sits on my lap, sticks his little paws into my desk drawers, and fishes around for things. He drags out my little sewing kits and then goes back and fishes around some more. It's very cute. Another cute feature of cats that I never observed before is the way they wash their faces with the paws. It must suck being covered in hair like that.

So, Gears of War. I'm impressed. I don't have HD or anything, but the graphics and fluid motion of the characters and ways to fight are just really impressive. Why is everyone so large, though? Each character has legs the size of tree trunks. Oh, and I love the crouch run. Zoom!