Sunday, September 10, 2006

Dad's Visit

Last night, Dad arrived just in time for the OSU-Texas game to start. Yes! Once I knew that I would actually have the game on TV, Tim and I went straight out to prepare for college football-tacular snacking. We've been on some hardcore calorie-counting these last two weeks, so this was nice. Dad got here at like 8:15, and the game started at 9, so he was cutting it a bit fine. Other than the moldy smell in my room (no surprise to Ben K., I'm sure), he liked the house.

I was decked out in my OSU t-shirt, and gave Dad my buckeye necklace to wear. I would have let Tim use my Ohio State pop can insulator thing, but he decided he was going to cheer for hte Longhorns just to be contrary, so I let Dad use my fantastic insulator instead. :-P See what you miss out on when cheering for the Longhorns? Pop can insulator things.

Tim cooked bratwurst on our God of the Year, the George Foreman Grill. So we ate our Johnsonville Brats, and sat down to some chips and salsa for the game. It was really nice sitting down with Dad, Tim, and the occasional roomie drifting in and out and watching the football game. I felt like I might as well be sitting on the old plaid couch at the farm, eating salsa con queso and chips off of their perches on the ottoman.

And what a game!!
The entire thing was like one big exercise in loving the Buckeyes. I have to admit, I was quite nervous heading into it. No.1 vs. No. 2, and on Texas' ground...why shouldn't I have been nervous? Besides, going in worried about the outcome makes watching the game that much more enjoyable.

I *really* need an OSU jersey. With Nugent's number.... 85

Hmm...can't get this font to rub off. Oh well. Time for some Beauty and the Beast action! I love Disney. Not as much as I love The Boxcar Children though. :-D